Website R. L. Schreiber
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|JOB TITLE: Cost Accountant|
|Reports to:||Financial Analyst||Job Category:|
|Location:||Plant facility||Travel Required:||No|
|Level/Salary Range:||TBD||Position /Hours:||Full time Exempt / 40 hours|
|HR Contact:||B. Yesbick||Formal Training||Not Provided|
The Cost Accountant will be a dynamic, motivated, and collaborative individual responsible for providing cost accounting and cost analysis support to the Operating Plant and the Corporate Finance Team. The key objectives for this position include but are not limited to Monthly Cost Accounting Close/JEs, Plant Cost/Variance Reporting/Analysis, Inventory/Work Order Closure/Analysis, Standard Cost Rolls, Annual Physical Inventory, KPI reporting, BOM (bill of material) and labor router accuracy and analysis in order to ensure accurate costs and pricing. Other key objectives include initial product cost setup and maintenance, cycle count reviews, and audit support. This position will be an important member of the accounting/financial team and a key information source for Plant Operations. This position will report directly to the Financial Analyst. All analysis and reporting will be under the guidance of the Financial Analyst, Director of Operations, COO, and Controller.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for the monthly Cost Accounting close including inventory and cost of goods journal entries, work order closures, reconciliations, and adjusting journal entries.
· Prepare and issue periodic cost accounting variance analyses (i.e. material, labor, purchase price variance, etc.) and reports (daily/weekly/monthly, and annually).
Prepare a variety of financial and cost reports, including the weekly flash, the labor efficiency report, and the standard month-end reports; conduct annual and other standard cost rolls with the assistance of the Cost Accounting Manager.
· Monitor and report on all physical and cycle count adjustments for field and facility
· Assist Operations Management (GM, Supply Chain Manager, etc.) with the preparation, reporting, and management of at risk overstock or obsolete Inventory.
· Provide assistance with monthly forecasting, balance sheet reconciliations, and the annual budget process;
· Assist with contribution and gross margin analysis
· Assist with the annual physical inventory and valuation analysis; assist with the monitoring and clearing of unvouchered accounts payables.
· Must be able to successfully work independently and cooperatively with all levels of the organization (line operator to executive management).
· Be able to communicate clear and concise information and commentary about various cost/variance reports and be able to quickly resolve/explain any variance discrepancy (i.e. Actual vs Standard labor and material variances, PPV, KPI reporting, etc.).
· Be a strong advocate/driver of improvement ideas by generating recommendations based on the plant’s cost variance results and other plant performance measurements.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial transactions within the JF ERP system
· Willing and active participant in process improvements teams as assigned.
· Special projects as assigned
work experience Requirements
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Cost Accounting.
· Microsoft Navision experience preferred but not required
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
· Strong communication skills
· Knowledge of Cost Accounting processes
· Must be well organized and detail oriented
· Knowledge of Jet Report Writer
· Strong user of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Capacity to learn other software applications as needed
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com