Job Title: Fabrication Welder 1st Shift
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry,
forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers
through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our
advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global
service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance
safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a
myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals,
automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and
subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems,
Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Weld all types of worn or damaged metal parts and equipment as specified by blueprints,
sketches or diagrams. Must be able to cut patterns and do vertical, overhead and
horizontal welding. Must have a basic understanding of metal properties and to be able to
set up and efficiently operate a wide range of welding equipment.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Examines blueprints to determine necessary repairs to be made. Uses necessary
equipment to affect repairs.
• Cuts patterns from stock
• Uses cutting torch or air arc to remove defective parts from main assembly
• Examines work piece to verify conformance to specifications
• Uses grinder to clean welds
• When required, uses tow motor or hoist to move or position work piece
• Obeys all safety rules and performs housekeeping assignments.
• Four years’ experience or equivalent of education/experience in field or related area.
• AWS D.1.1 Structural Welding Code – Steel Certified D1.1
• AWS – FCAW (Flux Cord) – V-3G & O-4G
• AWS- SMAW (Stick) – V-3G & O-4G
• AWS – GMAW (Mig) –V-3G, O-4G & H -2G
• Successful in written test on welding symbols, welding terminology, and blueprint
• Able to work any shift
• Able to work weekends
• Able to work overtime
Job Description Print Preview Page 1 of 2
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply online:Https://mining.komatsu/company/careers or stop by the Lebanon/Marion County Career Center, 516 Workshop Lane, Lebanon, KY 40033 (270) 692-6870
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com