Position: Credit Underwriter
Location: Lebanon, Kentucky or Louisville, Kentucky
Type: Full Time, Exempt
The Credit Underwriter is responsible for conducting credit analysis and preparing approval packages for consumer and commercial loan requests. This individual assists Loan Officers with on-going portfolio management, including the collection of customer financial information, renewals, annual reviews, and SBA Paycheck Protection Program administration. The Credit Underwriter also prepares loan reporting for senior management and coordinates the submission of loans for Committee and Board approval.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements, tax returns, rent rolls, and projections.
- Prepares Credit Approval Memorandums and Loan Request Forms for new and existing Borrowers.
- Ensures renewals are completed on a timely basis to avoid administrative past dues.
- Conducts annual reviews for lending relationships greater than $250,000.
- Supports Loan Officers with administration of SBA Paycheck Protection Program loans.
- Orders and evaluates consumer credit bureau reports.
- Prepares loan reporting for senior management.
- Coordinates the submission of loans to approval authorities for approval.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of Peoples Bank policies and procedures and Federal, State,
and banking regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
- Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process
Information with high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma with minimum of three to five years of experience in
- Prior experience as lender, credit underwriter/analyst, or loan portfolio manager.
- May be required to attend activities outside the Bank to stay abreast of new developments, best
practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol
free when reporting to work, while at work and while engaged in any work-related activities.
Note This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com