Residential Assistant DDID
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting individuals living in the residence based on each of
their individual needs as well as monitoring and documenting individual progress and development.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma of GED; or, 21 years of
age and have effective communication skills. Must provide own transportation. Certified Nursing Assistant
(C.N.A.) Certificate preferred.
SKILL SETS: Adequate communication skills, process verbal and written instructions, dependable,
interact effectively with the public and staff, adaptability-able to deal with frequent change, delays or
unexpected events, strong sense of commitment.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Visual acuity necessary for appraising the appearance
of the home and individuals. Frequent talking and hearing when communicating with staff individuals,
families and other service providers. Assistance in lifting individuals may be required. Work is light with
walking, standing and occasional stooping. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Strength,
balance and dexterity required when performing safe physical management techniques with acting out
individuals. Work involves evening, nights, weekends and holidays.
JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide a normalized atmosphere appropriate to the needs of the individuals and develop
activities within the home to encourage interaction.
2. Provide specific training to the individuals according to the Plan of care. Ensure the strategies of
the individuals are being followed and recorded as specified on the Plan of Care.
3. Coordinates with other services providers to incorporate activities and trainings regarding the
4. Keep track of the administering of medication i.e. recording, refills, dosage, etc.
5. Know the medical needs of each individual and the protocol for emergency procedures. Review
all documentation i.e. Plan of Care, Crisis prevention Plan, evaluations, medical consultation
6. Understands dietary needs and prepares or assists individuals in meal preparation on individuals
7. Maintain general upkeep of the home and yard. Ensures the household is kept clean and in good
repair, inside and out.
8. Provides or arranges transportation to and from employment, personal appointments, shopping,
recreation, church, medical and other appointments.
9. Ensure the individuals have adequate supplies of clothing, personal and household supplies.
10. Ensure that all paperwork (notes, drills, incident reports, billing, etc.) are completed at the end of
11. Assist the individuals with daily living skills, personal hygiene and social skills.
12. Participates in agency continuing quality improvement (CQI) activities.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Adheres to Communicare Services, Inc. policies and procedures.
2. Attends mandatory in-services and other training/educational programs as required.
3. Completes and maintains CPR and First Aid certifications.EEO
Apply online: communicare.org
To apply for this job please visit communicare.org.