Website American Wood Fibers
OVERALL OBJECTIVE: Works in a safe, efficient manner to maximize production and shipping of paper bedding.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
Operates baler in a safe and efficient manner producing packaged materials for AWF customers.
Confers with shift supervisor and follows through with assigned work duties.
Assists with cleaning up work area.
Paper Dye department – The ability to place bags on the filling shoot and remove full bags ranging in weight from ~20-40 lbs. Repetitive motion of 1-2 per minute.
Squeeze Packer – Put bags on chute to fill up. Repetitive motion of 8-10 per minute and then run through sealer. Packages must then be either boxed or wrapped in groups specified by the customer and then stacked on a pallet.
Operates forklift in a safe and efficient manner while loading trucks with packaged material. May also be required to load AWF and customer trailers. May be asked to complete paperwork for shipping.
III. OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
As required, perform outside duties to include sweeping, picking up debris, watering flowers and shrubbery, shoveling snow, and deicing walkways.
Maintains and verifies that all current quality assurance measures are being followed and communicated to supervisors, production employees, truck drivers, office personnel, and
customers. Assists in the design and implementation of new procedures as needed.
V. OTHER ACTIVITIES
Attends and participates in a monthly safety meeting. Establishes personal growth and works with fellow employees towards continuous improvement and teamwork.
* Applicants preferred to have at least a High school diploma/GED or equivalent
Job salary and benefits
* Salary range $14.05 2nd Shift 14.50 3rd Shift 14.70
* Normal working days: weekdays
* 50 hours per week
* Normal work shifts: Second (evening)
* The hours for this role are Full-time, Regular
* Hourly “Non-exempt” position
* Leave benefits include Vacation/paid time off, Sick and Medical
* Retirement benefits include 401K
* Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Disability and Vision
* Miscellaneous benefits include Tuition assistance
Job recruitment information *Apply online www.awf.com or Email resume to email@example.com
Apply at the KY Career Center, 516 Workshop Lane, Lebanon, KY 40033 (270) 692-6870
To apply for this job please visit focuscareer.ky.gov.