TITLE: Print Operator
REPORTING TO: Shift Supervisor
LOCATION: Lebanon, KY United States of America
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Operates machinery – start, stop, jog, clean, etc.
- May be required to lift up to 60 lbs. repeatedly
- Removes, cleans and replaces print press equipment, such as; enamel and printer rollers
- Uses and understands specification sheets. Sets-up/changes-over and maintains proper adjustments on assigned machinery to conform to the specification sheet for that job
- Develops and maintains the correct pressure and registration between the plates and ink in order to obtain a clean, clear impression of the material being printed
- Examine work in process and finished materials to ensure quality standards and accuracy of printing is being maintained
- Continuously monitors the quality of the tubes they produce and initiates corrective action for substandard quality
- Accepts responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of all information and reports they generate.
- Resolves technical problems with presses, inks and other components as necessary
- Makes required quality checks and records the results on quality control sheets
- Monitors the scrap they generate to keep it within acceptable levels.
- Strives to be a good team member and to promote team effort.
- Performs all regular daily, weekly or monthly maintenance on assigned machinery according to determined schedule
- Performs housekeeping duties to include cleaning floors, work benches, work tops, inside and outside of machinery and drying ovens.
- Help train new hires
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Functions of this job requires regular and punctual employee presence.
Other duties as assigned, inside or outside of normal work area or department.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must be able to stand on feet for 8 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 50+ lbs.
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be able to read and understand measuring instruments
- Must have a good communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to communicate with peers and management
QUALIFICATIONS (education & experience)
- Detailed Oriented
- Must have an high school education or GED
- Mechanical Experience a plus