Clinic Location: 325 W Walnut Street Suite 600, Lebanon, KY 40033
Join the frontlines of today’s healthcare transformation.
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we’re looking for a Patient Reception Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we’ve partnered with many of today’s best primary care physicians. We’re equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We’re creating care that’s more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we’re looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Patient Reception Specialist is responsible for providing patient support and communication and facilitating an exceptional patient experience to build and reinforce satisfaction, trust and drive organizational loyalty. Accountable for welcoming and preparing the patient for their appointment, the Patient Reception Specialist e informs patients of relevant and required information for their visit and provides clear communication around the services they are scheduled to receive.
How you can make a difference as a Patient Reception Specialist:
- Greets all patients and visitors in a professional and welcoming manner
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, driver’s license, authorizations, referrals and other required appointment documentation and appropriately saves them in practice EMR
- Performs demographic and insurance validation, and informs patient of privacy policies and procedures
- Effectively communicates unexpected schedule delays to patients and assists with patient comfort should delays arise
- Collects patient co-payments, reconciliation charges and outstanding balances upon Check-In as well as submitting batches on a daily basis
- Keeps the reception and patient waiting areas clean and organized
- Schedules patient appointments/follow-up appointments in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Greets patients and answers phones
Skills for success as a Patient Reception Specialist:
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously
- Detail-oriented and committed to providing safe patient care
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Flexible: Navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented; comfortable in an ever-changing environment
- Communication: Conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Collaboration: Team player
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution
- Humility: Low ego; engenders trust; respectful
Experience to drive change as a Patient Reception Specialist:
- Adept in medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Proficient in use of computer programs and applications including Outlook applications and practice EMR systems.
- Competent in basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
- Knowledgeable of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers preferred
- High School Diploma/Equivalency required
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care or ER preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
How you will thrive as a Patient Reception Specialist:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on Village Medical products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference. Pati
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status