Marion County Division of Child Support
Part-time Child Support Case Worker
Job Opening-Case Worker
Marion County Division of Child SupportThe Marion County Division of Child Support is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the position of Part Time Child Support Caseworker. The Caseworker will be responsible for assisting in carrying out the responsibilities and services of the Marion County Division of Child Support. We are seeking an individual with a strong work ethic, who has a desire to serve the public and is comfortable working in a dynamic work-place environment.
The duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interview custodial parents to secure information about the whereabouts and assets of absent parents negligent in making payments; ensure forms and applications for child support payments are complete and accurate and inform the Cabinet of non-cooperative custodial parents.
- Monitor child support payment records to ensure that the responsible party is in compliance with court orders; set priorities on how and when to pursue collections; initiate delinquent notices to non-custodial parents when necessary in order to secure continued support payments, arrearage payment terms; seek review and adjustment of court orders when necessary.
- Conduct financial resource background investigations on ability to pay, file liens when appropriate against property, personal injury cases, workers compensation claims, Social Security disability, probates and bankruptcies. Answer questions and explain policy by phone, correspondence or personal contact; maintain financial records and documents as may be appropriate for each case.
- Secure payments for other states when the paying party lives in Marion County; request actions from other states when paying party lives outside Marion County and court action is required.
- Answer questions regarding cases of both a general and specific nature, if unable to answer then refer to appropriate individual.
- Complete necessary activity to maintain and keep the state child support system in compliance with state and federal mandates/regulations. Initiate computer input for child support, initiate documents changing support payments in accordance with modification of court orders, close cases after thorough review and analysis reveals closure is appropriate; prepare and maintain forms, application case files and other necessary records.
- Compile information and prepare case records for delinquent collection cases being reviewed for legal action and write case summaries; prepare various legal documents needed to enforce child support orders, compute calculation of child support obligations and arrearages as requested.
- Handle incoming customer service calls.
Training for this position will be provided at the Marion County Division of Child Support and through the Division of Child Support in Frankfort, Kentucky.
This is a part time position working less than 100 hours per month. There are no health insurance benefits available due to it being part time but competitive salary.
Contact Marion County Attorney- Lisa K. Nally-Martin and send a resume to email@example.com