JOB DESCRIPTION: Nursery Worker, Lebanon United Methodist Church
General Job Summary: Provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children (ages 0-3 years) in a clean environment.
Qualifications: Must be at least eighteen years old and have High School diploma or GED
Satisfactory completion of background check
Knowledge of age appropriate needs of children 0-3 years
Experience caring for children between the ages of 0 to 3 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities
General Expectations: In addition to specific job duties, the position holder is expected:
- To conduct all functions in the ministry with a respectful, open, and Christian attitude.
- To realize as a representative of LUMC and God’s church that behavior outside as well as inside the Church Building reflects on the church, its purpose and reputation, so should be conducted as so.
- To interact and relate to persons inside the church and outside the church to strengthen and encourage all. Staff are strongly encouraged to participate in some other areas within the church (small groups/Sunday School, etc.)
- Comply with the LUMC Safe Sanctuaries Policy at all times.
- Be present in nursery 15 minutes prior to each service.
- Have responsible adult fill out registration form for child/children.
- Engages children in organized activities, i.e. age appropriate songs, stories, lessons, crafts, etc.
- In the event of an emergency, notify the responsible adult via cell phone.
- Stay in nursery until all children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
- Straighten up the room before leaving. Clean and disinfect the toys that were played with each Sunday.
- Ensure safety of the nursery environment, i.e. cleaning products stored out of reach of children, outlet covers on electrical outlets, etc.
- Communicates needs for supplies, snacks, etc. to Sunday School Superintendent.
Standard Work hours: 5-7 hours per week; Sunday AM & Wednesday evening
Non-Standard Work Hours: Special projects such as seasonal or other that reflect general
responsibilities for LUMC ministries.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience / training / etc.
Send resume to:
Bro. Troy Elmore or Lebanon UMC
email@example.com Attn: Rev. Troy Elmore
236 N. Spalding Ave.
Lebanon, KY 40033