MOLD HANGER JOB DESCRIPTION
An employee in this position is responsible for the proper setup of the mold in the injection molding machine and required auxiliary equipment. This includes hanging the mold in the injection molding press using a chain hoist and securing the mold in the molding machine per the instructions on the production document. Requires use of wrenches and other hand tools.
- Bring mold and auxiliary equipment to press via forklift or floor jack
- Using chain hoist, hang mold in molding machine.
- Align mold, ejector pins, etc and secure mold in molding machine.
- Attach water, air and hydraulic lines
- Set-up hopper, dryer, grinder and any auxiliary equipment.
- Operate forklift
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Frequent lifting of 25 to 55 lb. from floor to above shoulder height. Includes lifting up to 100 lb.
- Requires use of wrenches and other hand tools.
- Required to perform repetitive bending, stopping and twisting.
- Required to stand or walk up to 12 hours per day (depending on shift), with 10 to 15 minutes breaks every two hours.
- Involves frequent use of ladders and steps
- Good vision required for visual inspection of parts for dirt specs, color variations and swirls, and reading labels and production documents.
- Will be required to wear safety glasses and hearing protection.
Send resume to email@example.com or fill out an application at Plastic Products, 630 Metts Drive, Lebanon, KY 40033 or Lebanon/Marion County Career Center, 516 Workshop Lane, Lebanon, KY 40033