Job Description Form
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic Department: Maintenance
Location: _Lebanon__ Date Released: __3/15/2010__
X Hourly Salaried Exempt: Yes X No
I. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
- Must be able to work safely and consider the safety of others in the workplace at all times.
- Must assure that all personnel involved in maintenance of machinery are following the company Lock Out/Tag Out program.
- Perform routine and emergency mechanical, hydraulic/pneumatic and electrical maintenance.
- Troubleshoot equipment to assure satisfactory operation with minimum downtime. Trouble shoot and maintain all associated equipment including robots, part pickers, conveyors, Athena units, material dryers and temperature control units.
- Work from mechanical drawings and prints and manufacturers’ printed instructions to trouble shoot and locate mechanical problems in functional systems. Adjust, repair or replace defective parts or materials. Perform routine preventative maintenance inspections of hydraulic/pneumatic valves, lines, connections and pumps.
- Verify operation of machine sequence. Remove, clean and replace main feed screw and barrels required. Inspect parts while disassembled. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Assure all heater band elements are operable. Replace worn out units. Rebuild hydraulic valves and pumps as necessary.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance of accessible mechanical parts per preventative maintenance schedule.
- Modifying Process Control and process automation in a continuous process manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to work the assigned overtime to cover functions of this position as assigned.
- Development, programming, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of PLC’s, instrumentation and control systems
- Develop and ensure deployment and support the users’ network and will use systems to perform engineering tasks and electrical troubleshooting
- Modify equipment programs ensuring safe and efficient operation
- Provides production and operational support as needed and collaborates with other engineering and support functions within the organization.
Will Work With The Following Software:
- Allen Bradley: PLC 5, Micrologix, Allen Bradley Drive Software, Communications Software * ; Siemens: Step 7, Win CC, Protool, Microwin, Tia Portal, Siemens Drive Software, SEW Drive Software, Lenze Drive Software, ABB Robotics, Fanuc Robotics, Siemens
Send resume to email@example.com