Website Kentucky Heritage Hemp Company
KY Hertiage Hemp Company
Position: Lab/Quality Technician
The lab/quality technician supports the extraction and processing activities at Kentucky Heritage Hemp’s
headquarters location in Deatsville, Kentucky. With a specific focus on compliance and quality, this
individual follows written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in performing an array of duties. The
position reports to the Chief Science Officer.
Compliance and Quality –
• Maintain sanitation and production records within the extraction and post-processing functions
• Review and approve batch production records
• Assure monthly calibrations of equipment, including thermometer verifications, are done
properly and recorded
• Perform weekly environmental monitoring swabbing
• Load and unload extraction equipment
• Operate extractors when instructed and as needed
• Monitor and clean the extractors’ filtration systems
• Operate solvent stripping machines
• Track, trace and document extraction and processing batches; input data into inventory tracking
• Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of extraction and processing equipment
• Science related degree (chemistry, biology, agriculture, etc.) preferred
• Interest in cannabis
• Working knowledge of computers and business software such as Excel and Microsoft Office
• Detail oriented and disciplined in strictly following SOPs
• Ability to multi-task
• Able to work in a collaborative manner with team members
• Plant environment – Cloaking/PPE requirements in varying work areas.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs., frequently lift and /or move 25 lbs., and occasionally teamlift and/or move 50 lbs.
Kentucky Heritage Hemp Company
Lab/Quality Technician• Occasional to frequent grip/push/pull. Use of hand tools and power tools on occasion above
• Occasional to frequent stand/walk/bend/kneel. Occasional to frequent climbing steps and ladders
as well as sitting.
Kentucky Heritage Hemp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
ABOUT KENTUCKY HERITAGE HEMP
Kentucky Heritage Hemp is a leading provider of high quality 100% organic hemp products. We extract
CBD oil from hemp and create other boutique hemp extracts as well.
Our core values are very important to us:
• Quality (the purity and 100% organic nature of our oil, hygienic and high standards throughout)
• Integrity (our people are honest, trustworthy, and straightforward)
• Environmentalism (we follow ecological practices to save the earth)
• Resourcefulness (we reward self-motivation, tenacity, and an enterprising approach to problemsolving)
• Innovation (creativity, open-minded, willing to change)
• Results (last but not least – get the job done and do it right the first time; delighted customers)
Our headquarters and extraction operation are located in Cox’s Creek, Kentucky, which is in Nelson
County, about 5 miles north of Bardstown. For more information, visit www.kyheritagehemp.com.
To request our Application and apply for this position, please email
To apply for this job please visit kyheritagehemp.com.