TG KENTUCKY, LLC
TG Kentucky, a Tier One Supplier to the Automotive Industry, is currently seeking applications for an experienced:
Functional Engineer 2nd Shift
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / CRITERIA: (EDUCATION LEVEL, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, DIMENSIONS, ETC.)
- BS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of thermoplastic resin properties, performance capabilities, and uses.
- Thorough understanding of rubber chemistry, compounding, and processing.
- In depth knowledge of resin processing capability and injection molding equipment.
- Recognition of proper mold construction, operation, materials, performance ability, and repair.
- Ability to communicate and direct requirements effectively with customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated Project Management and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and creating technical presentations/documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Ability to read drawings, identify critical characteristics, lead design reviews, and develop PFMEA’s
- Capability to lead and conduct root cause analysis for current problems and potential occurrences
- Strong work ethic, take ownership/responsibility for projects, and maintain high level of productivity
- High aptitude to pick up on engineering principles and new technology
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Experience in AutoCAD, Solid Works, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of Toyota Production System and lean manufacturing concepts
- Experience dealing with Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Subaru, GM, Ford or Chrysler
- Experience working in a cross-cultural work environment.
- Knowledge of IATF and ISO requirements
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Develop and manage master engineering schedule for all projects to achieve all plan objectives of the master schedule.
- Write equipment/tooling specifications, coordinate and oversee the design, construction, installation, start-up and trials of new equipment/tooling against the master schedule.
- Create all documentation required for capital investment & obtain approval from upper management.
- Establish manufacturing processes that meet all KPI targets for capital investment, part cost, scrap, part performance, delivery, layout, cycle time, efficiency, safety, ergonomic, and quality deliverables.
- Develop all documentation for the process including but not limited to specifications, PFMEA’s, risk analysis, process plans, PFD’s, work combination tables, design reviews, trial reports, work instructions, condition standards, and capacity tracking.
- Lead and support Kaizen activities after process is in production.
- Proactively work to produce processes that are not capable of flowing out defects to the next process while working to countermeasure those that do and yokoten to similar processes
- Problem solving and investigating problems utilizing root cause analysis and reporting
TG Kentucky offers a competitive wage and benefit plan as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. Interested persons should send resumes to:
TG Kentucky, LLC
Attn: Human Resources
633 East Main Street
Lebanon, KY 40033
TG Kentucky, LLC (TGKY) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.