Website Central Kentucky Community Action/Head Start
Child Care Coordinator
Central KY Community Action/Head Start
Duties include: Supervision of staff assigned to Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers Program; development/supervision and implementation of programs, and negotiation with funding agencies, Responsibilities include: public relations and outreach to make available information concerning family child care and unaffiliated centers
1. Supervises day-today operation of the agency operated Family Child Care Program and Unaffiliated Centers Program.
2. Approves work schedule and approves and submits time sheets for employees of Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers Programs.
3. Prepares appropriate funding applications for agency operated Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers Programs as approved by the Executive Director.
4. Responsible for approval of hiring personnel for agency operated Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers Program.
5. Trains staff of Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers Programs in specific duties and in overall program operations.
6. Provides individuals technical assistance to participants in the agency’s Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers Programs in menu planning, record keeping and programmatic guidelines.
7. Provides appropriate training for participants in agency’s Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers Program as required by state regulations and requirements of the Child and Adult Care Food Program
8. Assists with securing consultants and resources persons for training.
9. Recruits, enrolls, and negotiates contacts with Family Child Cares and Unaffiliated Centers to participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
10. Prepares and approves purchases not over the amount of 500.00
11. Makes on-site visits and monitors participants in the Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers to Programs sponsored by the agency at least three times annually. Monitor visits will be completed during mealtimes at the programs.
12 Performs annual evaluation on staff of Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers Programs.
13. Responsible for dsciplinary action for staff of Family Child Care and Unaffiliated Centers Programs in conjunction with the approval of Executive Director.
14. Attends Board Meetings and Administrative Staff meetings
15. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Must have at least five years experience in a supervisory position. Must have the ability to communicate with staff and public. Must have no prior conviction on any child abuse charge.
Must have a degree in Early Childhood or years of experience in a child care setting with a Child Development Associate or an Associate Degree in Early Childhood. Must be free from communicable disease and in good general health. Must have sensitivity to the specific needs of low-income families. Must have communication skills, oral and written. Must be willing to give whatever time necessary to ensure program’s success. Must have a current Kentucky’s driver’s license and access to automobile. Must be able to travel.
Please send resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org