The Diageo Lebanon Bulleit Distillery is the newest addition to Diageo’s North American Distillery portfolio! The Bulleit brand is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to deliver high-quality whiskey to meet consumer demands. Join our team and celebrate with us!
The Diageo Lebanon Bourbon Resource Manager holds responsibilities for scheduling all distillery, DDG dry house and warehousing operations, and maintenance activities. As a member of the site leadership team, you will be integral in decision-making, impacting production and maintenance schedules. This role reports directly to the Lebanon Site Lead. The core schedule for this position will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM. However, employee must be available on off-shifts, weekends and holidays given nature of 24/7 operation and business requirements.
Distillery, Dry House and Warehousing Operations Planning
- Plan, schedule and report on distillery operational requirements (volume and delivery timing), including, but not limited to; grains, barrels, yeast, enzymes, milling, cooking, fermentation, distillation, barrel filling, warehousing, DDG production, DDG pickups and utility consumption.
- Schedule and plan all site personnel work schedules factoring rotation patterns, training status, maintenance requirements, vacation schedules, holidays, shutdowns, and general resource availability.
- Implement and develop site training and qualification schedules to ensure all personnel are adequately trained according to clearly defined operational guidelines.
- Arrange for worker training in operational procedures, and equipment use.
- Support and implement consistent approaches relating to maintenance and production scheduling Key Performance Indicators.
- Schedule and update the distillation plan, to ensure the supply of the highest quality whiskey.
- Support engagement platform and development of a continuous improvement environment.
- Build and leverage relationships with Diageo North America distillation sites as role requires.
- Ongoing communication with site team regarding all facets of schedules.
- Being available for calls/reporting to the facility as needed due to nature of the 24/7 operation.
- Input to sensory taste panel for whiskey distillate.
- Observe and schedule effluent discharge plans in coordination with site leadership EH&S and local municipality.
Distillery, Dry House and Warehousing Maintenance Planning
- Plan and schedule all aspects of maintenance requirements.
- Order and maintain appropriate spare parts inventory (via SAP) in support of preventative maintenance plans.
- Coordinate various outside contractors (pest control, grounds maintenance, snow removal, recycling management)
- Schedules and sequences assignments for work activities based on work priority, scope, and skill of personnel.
- Responsible for reporting engineering spares inventory for supporting annual audit activities.
- Verify successful completion of SAP Work Orders.
- Analyzing predictive maintenance trends and mean time between failures
- Lead equipment, systems, and facilities and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, repairs, and preventative maintenance.
- Lead weekly scheduling meetings.
- Drive an environment of safety ownership, with a continuous focus on improving safe work practices.
- Support compliance of OSHA programs and reports.
- Work with Operations and Asset Care Managers to eliminate safety hazards, respond quickly to any safety issues, and ensure accurate maintenance of plant equipment for continued safe operation.
- Support investigation of accidents or injuries and prepare reports of findings and recommendations.
- Identify, prioritize and provide resources to assist the Site Director, Operations Manager and Environmental.
- Health & Safety Manager in meeting site goals and objectives.
Environmental and Regulatory Compliance
- Support Diageo’s industry leading environmental initiatives on reducing water, power and steam usage.
Financial & Budget
- Develop and implement relevant budgets focused on labor, maintenance, utilities and consumables.
- Operational financial systems updates to ensure accuracy.
- Continuously seeks improvements or ways to decrease costs in order to deliver the most efficient operation.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Keep current on TTB and EPA rules and regulations
- Ensure scheduling of resources aligns with Kentucky State regulations
Required Education and Experience
- 7+ years of experience in a Manufacturing, Maintenance or related planning role
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, Engineering or related degree
- Extensive experience developing detailed planning schedules and handling budgets
- Must have a strong sense of ownership and desire to understand the entire bourbon production and inter related process
- Proficient digital skills with ability to apply the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- SAP/Anaplan experience strongly preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills, and establish trust with all team members.
- Partnership management capabilities
- Sharp analytical skills and capabilities
- Self-motivated, driven to see a task through to completion.
- Must be detailed with high level of accuracy.
- Strong technical capacity, critical thinking and problem-solving, ability to simply explain issues
- Ability to work in fast-paced, agile and flexible environment with evolving priorities