Preferred Veterinary Care
Preferred Veterinary Care
Position: Back Staff Team Member
We are searching for an attentive, hard working Back Staff Team Member to join our team at Preferred Veterinary Care. Back Staff responsibilities include helping the Veterinarian and assistants restrain pets, cleaning cages and kennels, administering medication, walking dogs and providing animals with food and water.
To ensure success as a Back Staff member, you should be able to anticipate and tend to the needs of animals and be able to multitask in a fast paced environment. The best applicant will be able to tailor their care according to animals’ physical, emotional, and behavioral difficulties.
Back Staff Responsibilities including but not limited to:
– Assisting with Curbside protocols- Restraining animals for exams/ procedures.
-Transporting animals to and from the kennels.
-Ensuring that the animals have fresh food and water at all times.
-Cleaning animal waste (urine, feces, vomit blood), spilled food, hair, and other debris.
– Administering treatment/ daily medication to animals under the guidance of the Veterinarian.
– Accompanying animals on walks.
– Daily cleaning the clinic after hours to hospital standards.
– Evacuating all animals if an emergency occurs.
Back Staff Requirements:
– High school diploma or equivalent. **Co-op High School Students are accepted.**
– Reliable Transportation to and from the clinic- Must be punctual, reliable, and responsible- Back Staff will be working alone in a closed hospital at times and will be expected to follow hospital closing policies when leaving the building for the evening.
-Available to work during evenings, weekends and public holidays, if required.
-Previous experience caring for animals is a bonus but not required.
– Should enjoy working with dogs and cats- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Able to read, write, understand and follow written and oral instructions.
– Ability to be a team player-Physically fit and agile with capacity to lift/carry up to 40 pounds unaided and able to handle large animals (dogs up to 100 lbs).
– Able to stand for long periods of time-Handle stress and pressure with poise and tact- Understand we are a hospital and while we do require appointments, we accept emergencies. Part Time Position- 24 to 30 hours with potential of more hours Looking for both AM & PM Shifts .
Candidates availability would need to be able to cover a 6-8 hour shifts between the hours of 8 am to 8 pm; 7 days a week.
Typical Shifts are:
– AM Shift 8 am to 2 pm (Mon, Wednesday, Thursday)
8 am to Noon ( Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
-PM Shift 2 pm to 8 pm (Mon, Wednesday, Thursday)
4 pm to 8 pm (Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
(possibility of later hours; depending on emergencies or amount of hospital/boarding patients)
Applications are accepted at the Lebanon/Marion County Career Center, 516 Workshop Lane, Lebanon, KY 40033
Career Center Hours to apply: Monday -Tuesday 7:30 am to 5 pm , Wednesday and Thursday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm and Friday 7:30 am to Noon
When applying for the position: (If you do not have work experience please have character references listed)
Call the Lebanon/Marion County Career Center for more information (270) 692-6870
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.