Job Description Form
Job Title: Assistant Plant Controller
Hourly Salaried Exempt: Yes No
I. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the controller by leading the monthly financial closing, reporting and forecasting processes. Responsible for the coordination of team journal entries, reconciliations and accuracy of the general ledger.
- Ensures that required reporting is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provides ongoing Finance expertise and decision support to the plant management to enable the achievement of plant goals and objectives.
- Provides ad-hoc financial analysis for plant controller and staff.
- Assists the controller in the development and maintenance of planning budgeting systems, preparation of financial and management reports, procedures, and presentation of findings.
- Conducts audit programs (e.g. inventory cycle counts) and leads efforts to implement corrective actions that resolve issues identified in audits/assessments to ensure plant financial compliance.
- Monitors daily operations of the business unit and actively assists to resolve issues, escalating as appropriate.
- Monitors spending and works with department managers to control costs. Researches and provides detail on expense variances.
- Supports the function and business unit to drive process improvement.
- Provides financial analysis related to capital projects, cost reductions, and other initiatives as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Send Resume to email@example.com