Public Relations Manager
Central KY Community Action Council, Inc.
Gather facts about our organization and distribute them to the media. Create marketing materials about the organization for dissemination to the public. Perform jobs duties in a responsible nature, requiring initiative and considerable independent judgment in making decisions. Provide administrative assistance to other staff, as may be necessary.
1. Develop the agency’s monthly Bulletin Report, mail reports and mailing list. Update as needed.
2. Prepare for job advertisements, news releases, and legal ad for publication in newspapers, as requested. Fax/email information to newspapers and radio stations as noted.
3.Establish and maintain a strong social media presence.
4.Maintain agency’s website, including but not limited to, creating job posts, bid listings, newsletter articles and picture galleries.
5.Establish a good working relationship with the media and the public and maintain those relationships by answering queries promptly.
6.Become familiar and maintain proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
7.Identify grant funding opportunities for agency programs.
8. Assist in organizing special events, such as Board Meetings, award ceremonies and any other event put on by CKCAC.
9. Inform the public about all Board Meetings.
10.Work with Agency Staff to collect all documents needed for Board Meetings, create Board Meeting Agenda, desseminate Board Meeting information, attend Board Meetings, and record Board Meeting minutes ensuring that they are later approved and signed.
11. Receive visitors and callers in a professional manner: determine the nature of their interests and provide the information needed or direct them to the best source.
12. Prepare all incoming office mail for appropriate action, including logging, distributing, copying, etc.
13. Maintain and update Proof Vehicle Insurance when submitted and update finance of changes.
14.Prepares all Outgoing office mail by maintaining daily and monthly postage meter logs to be provided to the Finance Department each month.
15. Maintain the postage meter, fax machine and office copier by requesting supplies, replenishing paper and toner, etc.
16. Assist the finance department with segregation of duties, including but not limited to, matching voucher checks to vouchers.
17. Maintain personnel and medical files, including creating new files and purging the terminated files and transferring to storage.
18. Become fimiliar and maintain an involved presence at community events such as job fairs, health fairs, community partner meetings, etc
19. Purchase and keep an inventory log of mechandising materials that are available for distribution.
20. Help plan and organize events in conjuction with Human Resources to promote positive employee morale across the agency.
Graduation from standard high school or GED, including or supplemented by training in business, administrative or computer related. At least one-year experience of performing clerical duties in an office atmosphere. Experience in grant writing is a plus. Knowledge of office practices and procedures, experience in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Must have the ability to maintain effective working relationship and other employees and the general public. Must have strong personality with the ability to plan work and carry though the completion with limited supervision. Willing to undertake additional duties that may be required on a periodic basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com