Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Set-up and operate mig welder, stick welder and air arc. Set-up and operate welder/plasma cutters, torches, bore tech machines for welding and fabricating of small parts with shear and bender.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Read prints to cut metal and weld equipment.
- Weld large and small assemblies.
- Cut metal using a plasma arc or hand torch.
- Cut straight lines or bevel long edges with a torch or plasma arc.
- Measure correct lengths and widths to build and repair products.
- Perform other assignments at the direction of departmental supervision.
- Obey all safety rules and perform housekeeping functions.
- Two years’ experience or equivalent of education/experience in field or related area.
- Ability to obtain AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code – Steel Certified D1.1 AWS – FCAW, AWS – SMAW, AWS – GMAW
- Ability to work any shift
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to work overtime
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status