Website Community Action
Senior Companion Director
Springfield, Washington, KY (40069)
Bardstown, Nelson, KY (40004)
Lebanon, Marion, KY (40033)
Elizabethtown, Hardin, KY (42701)
CENTRAL KENTUCKY COMMUNITY ACTION COUNCIL, INC.
TITLE: Senior Companion Director
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
At the direction of the Executive Director of Central KY Community Action Council, Inc. is responsible for the programming and management of Senior Companion Progr
director recruits, orientates, and places people age 60+ to provide assistance to seniors and others who have difficulty with daily living. Work cooperatively with Corporatio
Community Service in program planning and implementation. Is responsible for developing funding proposals, public relations, and maintenance of program records.
1. Develop/maintain cooperative working relationships with community organizations to gain support and promote linkages with other agencies. Have the ability to work in
2. Plan and implement promotional activities to market program Senior Service Corps services and increase community awareness.
3. Develop and maintain funding sources: prepare grant applications and contracts for new and continuing funding sources to maintain sound financial base for program.
4. Prepare quarterly/annual program reports as required by sponsor and funding sources to evaluate progress; identify problems and maintain regular communication with fu
5. Prepare and conduct presentations in a variety of external settings to request funding support, including state legislative committees, City Council, United Way, etc.
6. Negotiate, review and update Memorandum of Understanding with volunteer stations to establish guidelines for volunteer placements.
7. Prepare annual program budget, monitor revenues and expenditures to maintain fiscal control.
8. Provide primary staff support and technical assistance to Senior Service Corps Advisory Council to carry out promotional, fund-raising, evaluation and volunteer support
9. Select, train, supervise and evaluate program staff to ensure effective program operations.
CENTRAL KENTUCKY CAC
JOB DESCRIPTION – SENIOR COMPANION DIRECTOR
SPECIFIC DUTIES (con’t)
10. Represent program in community through presentations, affiliation, participation in meetings and conferences to increase viability of the program, expand base of know
funding and recruit volunteers.
11. Establish long-range goals and objectives for program to create vision and provide leadership.
12. Recruit, screen, place and supervise Senior Companions to ensure successful and productive volunteer assignments. Develop new volunteer stations in response to comm
13. Maintain accurate supervisory records to comply with Corporation requirements.
14. Participate on agency-wide committees promoting cooperation between components in meetings the mission of Community Action.
15. Perform assigned duties relating to Senior Service Corps programming.
Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred or experience may be concerned. Experience in working with older persons, volunteers, and public officials in working in commun
and/or social service field. Possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work well with people of all cultures and social-e
backgrounds. Possess administrative and management skills. Must have driver license and access to automobile. Free from communicable diseases,
How To Apply:
Please send resume cover letter to email@example.com or mail to P.O. Box 830 Lebanon, Ky 40033. Applicants must have information by close of business on Friday Augus
* Applicants preferred to have at least a Associates/some college/vocational degree or equivalent
Job salary and benefits
* Salary range $15.00 – $18.00 Hourly
* Normal working days: weekdays
* Normal work shifts: First (day)
* The hours for this role are Full-time, Regular
* Leave benefits include Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off, Sick and Medical
* Retirement benefits include Pension plan
* Insurance benefits include Dental, Life and Vision
Job recruitment information
* How to apply
Log in to Focus/Career and submit your resume at https://focuscareer.ky.gov/careerexplorer
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply in person at Send resume to email@example.com by August 27th
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org