Engineering Safety Manager
Apply online: DIAGEO.COM
Purpose of Role:
- Standardization on ways of working between Engineering CAPEX projects across the U.S., Canada, and the Virgin Islands.
- Ensure fluid communications between General Contractor, sub-contractors, and Diageo
- Drive proactive, risk adverse safety culture on each project site
- Benchmarking with global EHS requirements, develop standardized program for the North America region while ensuring compliance with Global, Federal and Local regulations.
- Leadership accountability for all aspects of Risk Management (environmental, health, safety and security) for active construction sites.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage the risks at each project location. Work directly with project management and recommend preventative and corrective actions.
- Ensure that all projects meet or exceed State and Federal environmental, safety and risk requirements, Diageo’s Global Risk Management Standards, Diageo’s operational excellence standards, and our compliance and ethics policies.
- Conduct regular check-ins and seek progress updates with engineering teams working onsite at project locations.
- Travel to project sites as necessary
- Develop safety plan for each project
- Secure and vet third party EHS project managers and or environmental support for each active project location.
- Drive strategic planning and decision-making regarding Governance for all projects.
- Daily decisions required to resolve project safety issues.
- High degree of integrity, business code of conduct required in all decisions.
Complexity of Role:
- Develops Governance programs, KPI’s and targets. Tracks and reports as required.
- Relationships with all site project teams, government agencies.
- Benchmark against industry and other Diageo locations.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert; has a high level of governance expertise.
- In-depth knowledge of EHS regulations.
- Ability to operate/lead cross-functional teams in support of local, regional, or corporate programs.
- Ability to manage projects remotely when travel to specific location is not feasible
- Capable of applying functional expertise to solving issues across active projects.
- Conduct audits of active sites
- Develop and deliver contractor safety site orientation and refresher training
- Complete detailed RCPS and make corrective action recommendations
- Lead and drive the strategy and tactical plans to continuously improve and sustain performance from an environmental, Health and Safety, risk and assurance point of view.
- Ensure project sites have clear standards established in order for them to focus on effectively executing their responsibilities toward all elements of a world-class risk management plan.
- Inspire and motivate contractors to achieve EHS performance.
- Proactively responds to changes while ensuring compliance at all time to all local, state, federal, and corporate requirements.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- CSP preferred
- 10+ years track record in Construction Safety
- English language required
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with proven leadership skills
- High degree of technical knowledge of construction safety and process safety.
- Understanding of Environmental Regulations across the U.S and Canada is a plus
- Operational experience preferably in the beverage/alcohol business is a plus
Location is flexible to:
- Plainfield, IL
- Baltimore, MD
- Louisville, KY
- Lebanon, KY
- Shelbyville, KY
- Tullahoma, TN
Worker Type :
Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)
Plainfield Tech Centre
Additional Locations :
Lebanon, Relay, Shelbyville, Stitzel Weller, Tullahoma
Job Posting Start Date :