|JOB TITLE: Cost Accountant
|Reports to:||Financial Analyst||Job Category:|
|Location:||Plant facility||Travel Required:||No|
|Level/Salary Range:||TBD||Position /Hours:||TBD|
|HR Contact:||B. Yesbick||Formal Training||Not Provided|
The Cost Accountant will be a dynamic, motivated, and collaborative individual responsible for helping maintain the cost accounting system and providing cost analysis support to the Plant Management and the Corporate Finance Team. The key objectives for this position include but are not limited to performing the Monthly Inventory Close processes, Plant Cost/Variance Reporting/Analysis, semi-annual Standard Cost Rolls, Annual Physical Inventory support, and bill of material and labor router review and analysis. Other key objectives include new standard product cost setup and maintenance, cycle count program monitoring, and audit support. This position will report directly to the Financial Analyst who will provide relevant initial system instruction and training.
Role and Responsibilities
· Assist with the monthly Cost Accounting close including inventory and cost of goods related journal entries, work order closures, reconciliations, and adjusting journal entries.
· Prepare and issue periodic cost accounting variance analysis (i.e. material, labor, purchase price variance, etc.) and reports timely.
· Prepare a variety of financial and cost reports, including the weekly flash, the labor efficiency report, and other standard month-end reports; conduct annual and other standard cost rolls with the assistance of the Financial Analyst.
· Monitor and report on all physical and cycle count adjustments for field and facility
· Assist Operations Management (GM, Supply Chain Manager, etc.) with the preparation, reporting, and management of at risk overstock or obsolete Inventory.
· Provide assistance with monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
· Assist with contribution and gross margin analysis.
· Assist with the annual physical inventory and valuation analysis; assist with the monitoring and clearing of unvouchered accounts payables.
· Must be able to successfully work independently and cooperatively with all levels of the organization.
· Be able to communicate clear and concise information and commentary about various cost/variance reports and be able to quickly resolve and explain any variance discrepancy (i.e. Actual vs Standard labor and material variances, PPV).
· Be a strong advocate/driver of improvement ideas by generating recommendations based on the plant’s cost variance results and other plant performance measurements.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial transactions within the Company’s ERP system
· Willing and active participant in process improvements teams as assigned.
· Special projects as assigned
work experience Requirements
· Microsoft Navision experience a plus but not required
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
· Analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills
· Strong communication skills
· Knowledge of Cost Accounting processes
· Must be well organized and detail oriented
· Strong user of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Capacity to learn other software applications as needed
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at the Lebanon/Marion County Career Center.
|Reviewed By:||Click here to enter text.||Date:||Click here to enter a date.|
|Approved By:||Click here to enter text.||Date:||Click here to enter a date.|
|Last Updated By:||Click here to enter text.||Date/Time:||Click here to enter text.|
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com