Operations Resource Planner -Lebanon
Diageo’s purpose is to celebrate life every day, everywhere, and we look for opportunities to enable this through our incentives, career development opportunities, health benefits and compensation. The Diageo Lebanon Distillery is the newest addition to Diageo’s North American Distillery portfolio. The Bulleit brand is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to deliver high quality whiskey to meet consumer demands. Join our team and celebrate with us!
The Diageo Lebanon Operations Resource Planner is responsible for scheduling all distillery, DDG dry house and warehousing operations and maintenance activities. As a member of the site leadership team, you will be integral in decision-making impacting production and maintenance schedules. This role reports directly to the Diageo Lebanon Site Lead. The core schedule for this position will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM. However, role must be available off shifts, weekends and holidays given nature of 24/7 operation and business requirements.
- Drive a culture of safety ownership, with a continuous focus on improving safe work practices
- Support compliance of OSHA programs and reports
- Work with Operations and Asset Care Managers to eliminate safety hazards, respond quickly to any safety
issues, and ensure proper maintenance of plant equipment for continued safe operation
- Support investigation of accidents or injuries and prepare reports of findings and recommendations
- Identify, prioritize and provide resources to assist the Site Director, Operations Manager and Environmental
Health & Safety Manager in meeting site goals and objectives.
Distillery, Dry House and Warehousing Operations Planning
- Plan, schedule and report on all aspects of distillery operational requirements (volume and delivery timing)
including, but not limited to; grains, barrels, yeast, enzymes, milling, cooking, fermentation, distillation, barrel
filling, warehousing, DDG production, DDG pickups and utility consumption.
- Plan and schedule all site personnel work schedules factoring mandatory rotation patterns, training status, maintenance requirements, vacation schedules, holidays, shutdowns, and general resource availability.
- Develop and implement site training and qualification schedules with site leadership to ensure all personnel are adequately trained according to clearly defined operational guidelines.
- Arrange for worker training in operational procedures, and equipment use.
- Support and implement consistent approaches relating to maintenance and production scheduling Key
- Schedule and update the distillation plan, to ensure the supply of the highest quality whiskey.
- Support engagement platform and development of a continuous improvement culture.
- Build and leverage relationships with Diageo North America distillation sites as role requires.
- Ongoing communication with site team regarding all facets of distillation, dry house and warehousing schedules
- Being available for calls/reporting to the facility as needed due to nature of the 24/7 operation
- Contribute to sensory taste panel for whiskey distillate
- Monitor and schedule effluent discharge plans in coordination with site leadership EH&S and local municipality
Distillery, Dry House and Warehousing Maintenance Planning
- Plan and schedule all aspects of distillery maintenance requirements.
- Order and maintain appropriate spare parts inventory (via SAP) in support of preventative maintenance plans
- Coordinate various outside contractors (pest control, grounds maintenance, snow removal, recycling management)
- Schedules and sequences assignments for work activities based on work priority, scope, and skill of personnel.
- Responsible for reporting engineering spares inventory in support of annual audit activities.
- Verify successful completion of SAP Work Orders
- Analyzing predictive maintenance trends and mean time between failures
- Oversee equipment, systems, and facilities and analyze information to determine needed installations, services,
repairs, and preventative maintenance
- Lead weekly scheduling meetings
Environmental and Regulatory Compliance
- Support Diageo’s industry leading environmental initiatives on reducing water, power and steam usage.
Financial & Budget
- Develop and execute relevant budgets focused on labor, maintenance, utilities and consumables
- Continuously seeks improvements or ways to decrease costs in order to deliver the most efficient operation.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Keep current on TTB and EPA rules and regulations
- Ensure scheduling of resources complies with Kentucky State regulations
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 5+ years’ experience in a production or maintenance planning role
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, Engineering or related degree. Will consider military with relevant experience.
- Extensive experience developing detailed planning schedules and managing budgets
- Must have an intense sense of ownership and a strong desire to understand the entire bourbon production process.
- Proficient computer literacy with ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Keyboard/typing skills a must.
- SAP/Anaplan experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, must be able to establish rapport with all team members
- Sharp analytical skills and capabilities
- Self-motivated, driven to see a task through to completion
- Must be detail oriented with high level of accuracy
- Strong technical capacity, critical thinking and problem solving, ability to simply explain complex issues
- Ability to work in fast-paced, agile and flexible environment with constantly changing priorities
- Apply online: Diageo.com